Xact (the trading name of Lawtons Ltd) Unit 20-24 Gibraltar Row, Liverpool, L3 7HJ is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the data protection legislation in the UK. We are the controller of any personal data you provide to us or we collect about you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
Disclosure of Information
We collect your name, company name, company email address, company address and business telephone number. We need this information in order to be able to provide you with a product or service you have ordered or to respond to your enquiry and to contact you should there be any issues with providing the product or service. If you have made enquires with us we have a legitimate interest in also contacting you in the future with details of further products or services we offer.
When you opt-in for news and updates, we need to know your email address only. This allows us to send you product information which is relevant to your business. Xact will use your email address help us provide our products and services to you and to update you about new products/services. If we send you an email regarding our products and services you will have the option to unsubscribe.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
When you attend our premises Xact uses CCTV footage for security monitoring purposes.
We may pass your personal data on to a third-party service provider contracted to Xact in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service requested by Xact as follows:
Delivery Partners – Xact works with delivery companies in order for you to receive your goods, we only provide data necessary to complete a delivery.
IT Companies – Xact works with businesses who support our website and other business systems.
Credit Reference Agencies – Xact will make searches about you with credit reference agencies when you apply for credit. This is to make sure customers who apply for credit accounts are able to manage the level of credit offered and not committing fraud by providing inaccurate or false information.
Keeping records accurate
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing email@example.com
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
All information will be kept as confident and as secure as possible through the use of Xact secure server software. As required by the GDPR and Data Protection Act 1998 Xact follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided so as to prevent unauthorised access. Xact uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the information including without limitation ‘firewalls’. Xact also works with suppliers and partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We undertake data security due diligence on our partners and ensure that these partners conform to appropriate accreditations.
Under the Act you are entitled, on payment of a fee, to be given by Xact, a description of all personal data we hold about you, the purpose for which this is being processed and the recipients to whom this may be disclosed. You also have the right to have communicated to you in an intelligible form, the information constituting the personal data and any information available to Xact as to the source of that personal data. Please contact using the details below.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Xact refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Xact reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this policy from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied policy on the Xact website. By continuing to use the Xact website after such posting you will be deemed to accept such variations. You should visit the page periodically to review this policy and its terms and conditions because they are binding upon you. In the event that any term of this policy is held to be invalid, unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that term shall be deemed severable and the remainder of this policy shall remain valid and enforceable.
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at:
Tel: 0151 479 3020
Write to us: Xact, 20-24 Gibraltar Row, Liverpool, L3 7HJ