Xact provide coding solutions for use in the world’s harshest offshore environments.
A world-class provider of subsea technologies and services for the global offshore energy industry approached Xact looking for a cutting edge coding solution. The company, who designs, engineers and manufacturer subsea power cables and umbilical systems needed clear codes applying to extruded plastic cables and umbilical’s for product identification comprising of product specification, depth mark and traceability codes. Our robust and flexible MPERIA TM V-Series met all their requirements and more.
Key to the decision-making process and placing their business with Xact was the unrivalled flexibility and robust design our MPERIA TM V-series system offered the business.
Our competitors were offering CIJ (continuous ink jet) printing technology, which had proven to be problematic on their other production lines. CIJ technology was also an option within our own range but based on the requirements stipulated by the customer and our experience of industrial applications our MPERIA TM V-series system was proposed as the ideal solution incorporating 2 x 16v 8000+ print heads. The technology met all requirements and more, including;
- Small and large character printing anywhere between 2.5mm to 64mm high from a single head – key to meeting the individual print requirements and changing demands of their customers across the Oil and Gas industry.
- The facility to operate two heads from a single system for the application of product information and depth marks to opposite sides of the umbilical enhances ease of use and lowers investment costs
- The durable and high quality mark from of our standard range of inks, including options for different colours to suit the range products manufactured at the plant.
- The robust design of the MPERIA TM V-series system ensures high levels of performance and reliability giving added flexibility to adjust the position of the heads to suit the mark position on each product and moving the system between production lines, without incurring downtime
- The opportunity to standardise on the operating system across the plant irrespective of the marking process was also an advantage, as this reduced costs as well as eliminating the requirement for additional operator training.
- The added flexibility of operating our other printing technologies within the range to suit other substrates or marking processes was also key to choosing MPERIA – a future-proof solution, making their investment secure.
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
About the MPERIA™ V Series Printing System
The MPERIA™ V Series marking system is our robust and reliable large character drop-on-demand (DOD) valve technology specifically designed for challenging industrial environments. The V-Series marks on porous and non-porous substrates including metal, paper and pulp, wood, concrete and plastic. Powered by MPERIA™, the Matthews VIAjet DOD valve print heads are considered the fastest in the industry, marking products at speeds in excess of 400 meters/min, with the longest life expectancy of any comparable technology.
Click here to watch a video on MPERIA™ and the benefits it could bring to your business.
For further information about MPERIA™ and our range of printing technologies, please call Xact on 0151 479 3020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org